Monday, May 14, 2012

Magic, Intention, and the "Law of Return"

Ive been busy... really busy, and admittedly a bit overwhelmed. The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity with my family, my work... and of course my craft.
In my novel, my character, Adrian, writes in a letter: "Its been said that once you set something in motion, nothing will stand between that intention and it's final conclusion. This became for me an abject lesson in be careful what you wish for."
In Adrian's tragic context, that lesson changes his life in a profound way. I'm happy to say that such mystical examples of cause and effect, don't have to be tragic!
Since my last post, I attended a writers conference where I met some of the most incredible and amazing people -- not just women -- and came away inspired way beyond my already vivid imagination! Being in the company of so many both unpublished and published ( in various mediums ) writers, hearing inspiring tales of challenges and successes gave me the fuel to take my obsession to the next level!
When you are on an uncertain (read - seemingly far fetched) journey, like the experience of trying to make sense of the voices in your head when they won't shut up unless you write their story, it's easy to question your sanity. It's even harder when people look at you like you are certifiable when you dare to state that you believe in your work and it's future success. Frankly, I stopped listening to the naysayers a LONG time ago and chose to surround myself with supportive friends of like mind.
I believe in cause and effect, statements of intention, and directing your energy toward the positive pursuit of what ever you believe in -- dare I say...Dreams!
These days, it seems like, no matter where I turn, at each and EVERY crossroad, just when I feel doubt peeking over my shoulder, a new person or resource appears to guide me to the next touchstone. I cannot deny the powerful sense of divine intervention that has been following me lately.After the last few years, it is a welcome change!
As I write this, I am in the process of assembling my manuscript package to send to two notable literary agents who recently requested my work. Yes... I said requested. ;0)
Do I think that those requests are a guarantee to success? Of course not! But I'm also not above believing in miracles.
As I bask in my glow of positive energy, I also want to see the other people around me find their own happiness and success. I believe that in sharing your good energy, you attract more for yourself and everyone around you... So, I humbly call on the "law of return" to cast my wishes for happiness and success to the heavens with the best of intentions and the belief in a power greater than myself!
***Poof!!***
Okay.. I'll get off my soapbox... for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment